Monday, June 30, 2014

Since our time in Utah is rapidly coming to a close, I wanted to provide one final update before my family returns home. This mission trip has simply been amazing, and I thank God for all that He has done!

Our Lord's Day was a true blessing. My family was able to join in morning worship at First Baptist Church of Provo, Utah. Pastor Russ Robinson preached from Acts 14:19-23, showing us the centrality of the local church. A faithful church provides encouragement, gives exhortations, and has biblical church leadership to wisely and lovingly shepherd our souls.

After the worship service ended, we went over to the Robinson's home to enjoy lunch and a time of fellowship. I also had a great time discussing church planting and our future with Russ, who is quickly becoming a good friend of mine. Here is a video of a brief interview that I had with him so that you can get to know him better: http://youtu.be/aZPkM_ekERU


Then in the evening we were able to worship at a recent church plant, The Mission Church. Again, the Word of God was faithfully preached from Ephesians 5:22-6:9 by Pastor Ritch Sandford. Ritch and I really seemed to hit it off and I look forward to building our relationship in the months ahead.

Today I was also able to meet with Pastor Kenny MontaƱo of Roy Bible Church. Since he ministers north of Salt Lake City, he was able to provide a helpful perspective on the northern part of the valley. Again, I found a kindred spirit and plan to stay in touch with him as I prepare to serve in the Salt Lake Valley.

This afternoon, my family was able to visit the Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island. It is amazing, as you can see from the picture! Far saltier than the ocean, the Great Salt Lake is fascinating. God has certainly blessed this place with natural beauty.

Once again, I thank all of you for your prayers. My family has a lot to process, discuss, and pray over. Above all, we hope that God will give us wisdom as we consider the possibilities Utah has for us.

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment