Wednesday, October 1, 2014

This September was a busy one for me and my family. First of all, we had a lot of preparation to do for our first neighborhood alliance fall kick-off picnic. Over the summer, as I have gotten plugged in to our neighborhood alliance, I have actually become involved in the leadership of this community organization. So I had a lot of planning and preparation to carry out. But it continues to be a great opportunity to get to know my neighbors better and to serve them.

The picnic itself was a great success. My Gospel Community Group was involved, and we were able to meet and begin developing relationships with those living around us. The neighborhood alliance estimated about 150 people came to our picnic, and I was able to spend a little time with many of them. Hopefully, I will be able to continue getting to know them and share with them the gospel of Christ.

Secondly, I have begun the formal process of assessment as a church planter with the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. My wife and I have completed a number of assessment tools over the last few weeks, and now we are waiting for our summary report.

With this in mind, please pray for God to use this assessment as a tool to guide us toward a ministry which will glorify Christ and make Him known. We are also praying for wisdom through this process as we consider what our next steps will be. Thank you again for all of your prayers and encouragement.

Tagged:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, John! We look forward to seeing how God will use you and your family in Utah. Stay the course!

    ReplyDelete